Using fables to teach about Ireland with this Irish Fable and Fairy Tales lesson plan. Teaching about Ireland on St. Patrick’s day is fun! Turn the celebration into a cultural celebration with this lesson plan!
What you get in your download:
Your download is in the form of a PDF document with embedded links. This lesson uses a specific book that can be viewed in the video provided ordered via amazon (link also provided).
Access to the Lesson and resources via an immediate download
Includes all activities, further learning, and assessment
- NEW! Home learning lessons for students in virtual learning. Just share the playlist video link included with this lesson plan!
- Students will be able to identify a story as fiction.
- Students will be able to ask and answer questions about a story.
- Students will be able to use the illustrations to provide support for their answers.
- Students will be able to discuss the problem of a story and how it was solved.
- Students will be able to take notes as they read of new words, important ideas, and questions they have.
Common Core Standards
Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
Recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
Other Lesson plans about Ireland found here